February 19, 2010


Meet Audrey Beatrice Goodsell.

My sisters family has a tradition of giving their children middle names of inspiring characters in literature. Their son, Joseph Atticus, was named after Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird, who saw good in all people and showed compassion to all.

Audrey Beatrice is named after Italian poet Dante Alighieri's character, as they hope she will share with this character an ability to lift those around her and make them want to become better people.

Isn't that beautiful?

I am so happy to have this new, sweet soul in my life.

Congratulations to the Goodsell family,
you are truly making the world a more hopeful place.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

One of my friends was just talking about how he was going to name one of his sons Joespeh Atticus (Joseph is a tradition in his family) because of the character in To Kill A Mockingbird!

And naming your daughter Beatrice from the Inferno is such a sweet idea! I love how you, or they, worded exactly why they found her so inspiring!

Ahhhh I love baby names!

Erin said...

Thanks cutie! Can't wait for you to meet her.

Stacy said...

my new niece is an audrey too! but its audrey jewel...no special meaning tho, but ya. haha. love ya!

Mandy said...

What a beautiful little baby. I think I am going to do that too. What an awesome idea.