September 30, 2009

In class we were assigned to read an article about a teacher and identify the improper practices she was using in her classroom. This teacher was making her 6th grade students memorize the Emancipation Proclamation, and if they missed or added one word they failed the assignment. As I was finished reading I said aloud to myself, "She's an idiot", in regards to this teacher. I said this at the very same time a girl in my class finished asking the professor how long the Emancipation Proclamation was.

Everyone heard me.
I'm now the girl that calls other classmates idiots.
No one asks questions in that class anymore.

My future as an educator is looking promising.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

funny funny story. but you forgot to mention that later that day you felt much better because you got to have lunch with me :)

Ky said...

HAHAHAH!! i would pay you to be my kids teacher!!

Nikki said...

Bahaha. L-Ho....e. L-Hoe. I miss you. And we still haven't hung out. And I still haven't met that thing that's attached to your hip. I mean person! Person that's attached to your hip.

zookie said...

All I know is that the girl is an idiot anyway for asking how long the Emancipation Proclamation is. You were lucky enough to hit 2 birds with one stone. And now the class will go by quicker because those wussy girls are too scared to speak. You make the world a better place. I miss you.

Hayley said...

I can't decide if the timing is funnier or the fact that you said "a idiot", c'mon you know better, you should have said "AN idiot."