June 3, 2011

Summer Reading

I just finished reading The Help. This book is breathtaking and takes such a beautiful approach to such sad history that happened not so long ago. It is so amazing though, I feel morally obligated to tell everyone I know to read it.
Read it. Seriously. Right now. Go.


I also finished reading The Maze Runner and it's sequel The Scorch Trials. They are very adventures books and very boyish, where at times I was a little weary of the "boy violence". But I am anxiously waiting the third and final book to come out in October. Overall, it is a good series.


White Cat and its sequel Red Glove were really fun reads. Exciting mystery element and a little scary with an interesting modern approach on a supernatural world. 


My next read that I am about start is The Time Travelers Wife. I have never been able to read a romance novel before, but this one seems to have enough element of excitement and no one is dying of cancer or looking for their long lost love 60 years later (gag), so hopefully I will be able to enjoy it.


My next book after this is The Book Thief.  
Any other summer reading suggestions? 

Also, I tried reading Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but didn't get far. I was sooo bored with all of the business talk for the first 100 pages and heard it is very "r-rated". 
Still debating whether I should try that one again. 
Any opinions on this one?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Jellicoe Road

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

Jane Eyre

If I Stay & Where She Went

Ladies Number 1 Detective Agency

Guernsey Literary & Potatoe Peel Pie Society

Cry, The Beloved Country

Princess Academy

Chronicles of Narnia

Atonement

Gilead

Imaginary Girls

Also have you ever heard of this series "Harry Potter"?

Caspers, but not the Ghost said...

time traverlers wife is good. not too much excietment..a little slow. don't expect to finish it in a weekend.

loved Outlander & it's sequals. by diane something or other.

Kiersten White said...

I have a billion books you can borrow while you are here.

Kiersten White said...

Except someone still has my WHITE CAT and I want it back.