May 26, 2011

Summer, here we come.

 I have been trying to make the most of our scarce and few between "summer" days. 
Devin and I went on a bike ride and played tennis on one sunny day. 
I have been reading outside any chance I get, but if I keep only reading on sunny days, I won't be done with my book (The Help is my current read) till Summer 2020.
And yesterday I went on a bike ride by myself and then played tennis with Devin.

But it hasn't stopped us from getting shave ice at least 3 times a week. We just usually have to eat it in the car, with the heater on. 

Luckily, tomorrow my mom is taking us on one of her hiking adventures, the Black Hole. 
It's part slot canyon, part bouldering, part climbing, and all parts beautiful and fun. At one point, you get lowered into a slot canyon of the most freezing cold water that has never seen the light of day, and you have to swim through it. That's where it gets it's name. 


Wow, describing it makes it seem kind of terrible. 
But it really is fun.



If summer won't come to us, we'll go to summer. 
Summer, here we come. 

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Um... remember the hike you and your friends took us on? Ha. One of my best memories even though I really did believe I was going to die.

Ky said...

Hey, I am going there next weekend!! If you get trapped, i will save you next weekend.. just be patient please.

Whittron said...

oh man, can I come?

Mama White said...

So glad I have kids who love to do fun stuff! The pictures make me want to go do it again. Thanks for a great trip--you and Dev are amazing!