July 30, 2011

So Long Sweet Summer

We certainly ended summer the best way I could ever hoped for. 

Harry Potter 7.2 
(I cried the entire movie)

And then Lake Powell (I laughed the entire time)





I started teaching the week we got back from Lake Powell and Devin left for Florida :( 
We had a family trip planned with his family for a week in Florida, but then I got a job and it happened to start the day we were going to leave for Florida. So we ate my ticket, and I sent Devin off to enjoy the  last of his summer before he starts Law School. I am happy he got to go enjoy himself and I am happy to start teaching...but it has been pretty sad having him away for so long...and on an amazing vacation without me. 

Oh well. Since I am the money maker now, I get to decide where and when our next vacation is. I will choose quickly and wisely. 


It has been another amazing summer together and I am sad to see it go!

April: Arizona
May: Hawaii
May: Black Hole Hike
June: California
July: St. George
July: Lake Powell
July: Florida (for some of us)





3 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

"Since I am the money maker now, I get to decide where and when our next vacation is. I will choose quickly and wisely."

That's what I like to hear, Sugar Mama.

Heather and Taylor said...

First of all... you look amazing in all these pictures. Second of all.. I can't wait to hear all about your teaching adventures. Good luck! xo

Bryan said...

I am so proud of you little sister. Florida isn't that cool anyway (unless they were going to Harry Potter World...please tell me they weren't going to HPW)