August 1, 2011

Room 103

I started my first week of school and it was super hard but super amazing! 
I put so many hours into setting up my classroom and to finally have students in it is so exciting! 
Our classroom theme is "Be a Star Student" and the classroom decorated in all stars! They get star points, I star gaze for good students, they can be in the Super Star Club, etc! 
Our school was named after the Columbia space ship and we are the "Columbia Astronauts" so I feel like it goes well with the school theme as well!
 I am really proud of it and feel like it has the warm, welcoming, stimulating feeling I was hoping for. 
:)
Welcome to 1st Grade
Classroom Library



Leveled Library

Word Wall
Guided Reading Table
Calendar
Carpet Area 
We are the "Columbia Astronauts"


Picture Schedule


Find a crayon on the floor? Put it in the junk yard! Missing a crayon? Go to the Junk Yard!


Choo...Choo...Choose to Read (reading train)


Earn a Star Point, get a popcorn scoop. Fill up the jar, get a Popcorn Party! 
This wall has positive things I see students do in the classroom written on the stars


Meet our class pet "Princess Flower", named by the class. They loooooooveee her!






Point to all the words you can read around the room!


Hall Bulletin Board

13 comments:

Lindsey Bench said...

I am speechless. I CANNOT believe you put all that together. It is amazing, amazing, amazing. I love you!

Erin said...

can't wait to see it in real life!

Hannah Richins said...

umm Lauren you're unbelievable! that is seriously the CUTEST classroom I have ever seen! I can't believe all the little details! You're freakin' amazing!!! How did you come up with that? seriously, you are my hero! I just think you are the cutest teacher ever and I wish I could see you in action with your cute little first graders! I can't wait to hear MORE!!!!

Christa Chamberlin said...

Lauren! You're classroom is so fun! I am so excited for you. You're going to be the bomb teacher. Those kiddies are going to LOVE you. :) Take care! Good luck!

Kiersten White said...

Those kids are so lucky. It makes me want to cry. Also I am a little weirded out that you are Mrs. Hansen.

(Also so, so much cuter than my first grader's classroom was last year...she had a guy teacher. Go figure.)

Heather and Taylor said...

You are amazing!! What lucky 1st graders! I love the popcorn party idea! xoxox

Meridith said...

Oh, my, goodness. That is by far the most amazing classroom I have ever laid eyes on. How did you fit so much amazingness in one room?! They really are lucky ducky kids! Will you please be teaching in AF in 6-ish years?

lauren elizabeth said...

such a cute classroom! i may need to steal some of your ideas. . . i have a smart board in my new class too! you'll be such a wonderful teacher.

Bryan said...

Laur! Seriously you were BORN for this, then for Devin. SO AWESOME!!

Callie said...

Haha you are adorable! Your classroom looks great! SO happy for you Mrs. Hansen!

Christa said...

Lauren this is the coolest class room i've ever seen! You are going to be an amazing teacher. Gosh I wish you had been my first grade teacher. You're so cute! Great Job!

Amy and Woody said...

i love your classroom it's so darn cute!! I am so jealous of how huge it is!! Mine is teeny tiny haha but it looks great!!

Stephanie said...

You are AMAZING!! :) I bet you are the BEST 1st grade teacher. I can just picture how cute you are with those kids and it makes me happy for you. Love ya!