June 9, 2010

simply wonderful

You never know a normal day of your life might be one of your best. Not until it's happening. You don't recognize the magic of the day, not until you're right in the middle of it.

The day you commit to someone. The day you get your heart broken. The day you meet your soul mate. The day you realize there's not enough time, because wanna live forever--those are the biggest days. The perfect days.

But then there are those simple days. Those days where suddenly you realize that life could not be better. Those days when all you expected was another day and what you got is one of the happiest days of your life.

Today was one of those days.

It started with an afternoon jog with Devin. Then a healthy & delicious dinner of turkey burgers, corn on the cob, garden tomatoes {with kool-aid for Devin, of course) and strawberries for dessert. Following dinner, card games in the park--he won once, I won once. And it ended with a delicious batch of chocolate chip cookies for second dessert and forehead kisses from my husband.

Today was simple. Today was wonderful. Today was simply wonderful. 

I hope you can have one of those days soon too.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE this post. I'm glad you're so happy! :)

zookie said...

You are so deep. I had to read, pause, read, pause, read, pause ... pause ... pause ... reflect.

Stephanie said...

love Love LOVE!! This post :) It's so true. I always think back on the day I met Matt and it's weird to think that I had NO idea... :) I'm happy it's turned out this way. I loved hearing about your simply wonderful day.

Bryan said...

these words were wonderful. I love your love so much!

Scott and Marissa said...

oh lauren, you are cute... el fin! i have those days sometimes, it gives me too much to lose, but in a good day. some times when we all hang out, i feel like life is too good. thanks for being you! you're the best!

Matt and Jill Putnam said...

You have such a way with words - you put it so perfectly ... always. i love it.