May 17, 2011

First Job

I'm going to be a teacher. 

After the principal called and offered the job, I just cried,  
and then laughed, and then cried. Repeat.

It is quite an amazing feeling, realizing that you finally get to do what you have dreamed of doing ever since you could remember. . .
Something you have been working towards for over 4 years. 


My parents were so sweet. They took us out for celebratory dinner and then my dad surprised me with Maglebys cake. 


The 1 stands for my first job...
the first job that has real purpose and meaning in my life.

10 comments:

Whittron said...

congrats Lauren! That truly is something to be proud of. I won't have to pee in a cup for you ever again.

Erin said...

way to go laur! hmm, i didn't really laugh OR cry when i've gotten any of my jobs. i remember a friend talking recently about the difference between a "job" and a "calling." (not in church calling sense - in like, the life calling sense.) for you i think teaching in a "calling" which is so amazing!

Hayley said...

congrats laur! where are you teaching at? i want you to teach my children, please. also, you have such a good memory about my life, that comment got me laughing so good!

Lindsey Bench said...

You are going to rock it. Wish I was in first grade again.

Hannah Richins said...

Oh my gosh Lauren I'm SOOOOOO happy for you! Congrats girl! You are seriously going to make the best teacher! I just love you! Yay!!! Happy day! :)

Stephanie said...

Congrats!! Are you guys staying in Utah for law school then?

Anonymous said...

congratulations!
where are you teaching? what grade?

Christa said...

Congrats Lauren! Pretty sure maggots had purpose and meaning too ;)

zookie said...

I was pretty sure the 1 was for the grade you'll be teaching.

Heather and Taylor said...

Thats awesome girl! So happy for you! xo