May 18, 2011

Hawaii Day 1

I am going to be posting our Hawaii trip one day at a time. This is for my benefit entirely. I promise I don't think any readers want an overly obsessive overview of my vacation. I just  want to have a photo journal of the trip to look back on that gives tribute to each detail. So bear with me for the next couple of posts (8 to be exact) or just stop reading for a couple of days! 


Day 1: We got to Kauai about 7 a.m. and went straight to Tip Top Cafe, where we had the most amazing banana pancakes anyone has ever dreamed of.




Then we went to the Marriot Resort beach and resort in Lihue where we lounged in their beautiful pool and napped on the beach. 
Then we had lunch on the beach side at Dukes and enjoyed the beautiful koi pond at the resort. 












Next, we got snow cones with macadamia nut ice cream on bottom and coconut cream on top at Halo Halo. These snow cones were the epitome of what snow cones in Hawaii should be.




Finally, we made it to our beautiful house in Princeville and settled in.




And to end a perfect day, we went down to Ke'e beach, which is the end of the island on the North Shore, and watched an amazing sunset.








3 comments:

Erin said...

i have been to all of those places! except i didn't swim in the marriott's pool. and, i called it SHAVE ICE not a snow cone.

Hannah Richins said...

That looks like heaven! I'm so jealous and I can't wait for the next seven posts :) Don't worry, my blog is completely for my own personal benefit too, so never apologize for your posts.

Lindsey Bench said...

What about day two!?!? Seriously, you can't leave me hanging like this!